OUR CURRENT POLICIES
The most important ‘policies’ cover:
- Allotments and Play Areas: Creating new allotments, protecting and improving play areas.
- Community Facilities: Retaining existing ones, ideally adding some new ones.
- Delivering more Housing: See separate page.
- Design and Character: Making sure new developments ft in with and enhance the character of the town.
- Employment: Retaining existing employment and creating new employment opportunities.
- Infll Development: Making sure that developments on small sites are appropriate in their use and design.
- Landscape Setting: Protecting and enhancing the setting of Ross in its highly valued landscape.
- Local Green Spaces: See separate page.
- Supporting the Town Centre: Retaining shops, avoiding empty shops, improving the general environment.
There are then lots of other less important, but still very relevant, policies on:
Sustainable Design and Renewable Energy | Protecting Key Views |
Green Infrastructure | Permeable Surfacing on Drives and Car Parks |
Self-Build Housing | Design for Home Working |
Living and Working over Shops | Footpaths/Cyclepaths |
Town Centre Signage | Electric Car Charging Points | Improving Telecoms Services